Today we are going to be comparing Serpstat vs SEMrush, to see which of these tools will serve you better when it comes to improving your SEO.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization is one of the best ways to make sure your business is found online.
Good SEO practice can ensure your business is found in the top search engine results when users are searching for the service or product you are offering with organic keywords relating to your business; this is known as ‘organic’ or unpaid search traffic.
Bottom Line Up Front Summary: If you use SEO tools daily and use multiple tools, the best solution is going with SEMrush. We’ve negotiated a special extended 14-day trial for our readers here, if you are interested. Their all-in-one toolkit is hard to beat. That said, if you are on a tight budget, Serpstat is an affordable SEO suite to get started with.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Main Differences Between Serpstat vs SEMrush
- 2 Serpstat vs SEMrush: Serpstat Review 2020
- 3 Serpstat vs SEMrush: SEMrush Review 2020
- 4 Serpstat vs SEMrush Compared: Which is better?
- 5 FAQs About Serpstat vs SEMrush
The Main Differences Between Serpstat vs SEMrush
The Main Differences Between Serpstat vs SEMrush are:
- Serpstat does not include any social media tools, whereas SEMrush has social media tracking and posting tools included so that you can analyse and compete with your competitors’ social media strategy
- Serpstat does not have SEO writing, whereas SEM rush has an SEO writing assistant feature that helps you to make sure that all of your content is optimized
- Serpstat allows you to use its basic features for free (within usage limits), whereas SEMrush offers a 7 day free trial with access to all features, but you will need to provide your credit card details when you sign up
Both Serpstat and SEMrush are all in one SEO toolkits (SEO software) with a range of tools and features that can allow you to analyse your SEO, see what you are doing well, and show you where you can improve. They can also help you to find profitable keywords with their keyword research tool (keyword tool) that you can use within your website or blog to help you get more page views.
Sure, you get paid listings in Google, and other search engines, but did you know that 70-80% of search engine users only focus on the organic (unpaid) results? This is because these days most search engine users are well aware that the results at the top of the page are sponsored (paid) listings, and would prefer to skip straight to the organic results.
Search engines like Google have advanced algorithms which help users find the most appropriate results from their search, meaning users can trust that the websites listed first on the search engine results pages (SERPs) are going to be what they are looking for.
This is exactly why it makes sense to invest in high-quality SEO tools to make sure you are ranking well for your keywords in search engines and bringing organic traffic to your website.
In this Serpstat vs SEMrush comparison, we are going to look at all of the features these tools offer, as well as the pros and cons of each one, and the pricing, so that you can decide which one would be the best choice for you and your business.
Let’s take a look…
Serpstat vs SEMrush: Serpstat Review 2020
Serpstat is not just for SEO professionals, it has also been designed to be used by analytics experts, content managers, and PPC specialists, and digital marketers so although it’s features are advanced, it’s suitable for anyone to use.
Serpstat is not just for SEO professionals, it has also been designed to be used by analytics experts, content managers, and PPC specialists, and digital marketers, so although it’s features are advanced, it’s suitable for anyone to use.
The Key Features of Serpstat
- Keyword Research Tool
- Search Analytics
- Advertising Analysis
- Content Marketing Ideation
- Competitor Research & Competitor Analysis
- Rank Tracking / Rank Tracker
- Market Intelligence
- On-Page Site Audit Tool
- Reports and Infographics
- White Label Reports
- Backlink Analysis
Serpstat has a keyword research tool that helps you to find top-performing keywords to bring organic traffic to your website. It determines the value of keywords by measuring competition level, search volume, cost per click, and a number of search results so you have all the information you need before deciding which keywords to target.
Long-tail keywords are also provided, allowing you to go after longer keywords in your niche which have less competition but still have the potential to give you a boost in traffic. As well as long-tail keywords, Serpstat also provides keyword search suggestions, offering different keywords that you can use within your site content, that will also help improve your domain authority.
Serpstat allows you to spy on your competitors to see which keywords they are ranking for, giving you the opportunity to try and outrank them. You can use Serpstat to find your direct competitors for organic traffic, and compare the visibility of your domain vs your competitors’ domain.
The Batch Analysis tool allows you to compare up to 200 domains. This will give you a list of the rankings of all the domains, as well as your competitors’ SEO and PPC efforts so you can make sure you stay competitive.
The Rank Tracking tools allow you to monitor the web page ranking of both your own and your competitors’ websites. You can track an unlimited number of keywords on a daily basis so that you are always viewing the freshest data.
The on-page audit feature allows you to perform an in-depth analysis of your web pages so that you can see how efficient your pages are, as well as how SEO friendly they are. This allows you to identify any problems and fix them as soon as possible so that your SEO isn’t compromised.
Mistakes and issues that you can find using this tool include:
- Links verification
- Correct interlinking verification
- Robots.txt settings
- Missing Pages
- The relevance of content within Meta Tags and length in title and description
- Headings (H1, H2 etc)
- Duplicate content
- Creation or correction of sitemap
- Problems with images
- Presence of “display:none” hidden content and frames
Reports and Infographics
You can view all of the reports from one easy to use dashboard. You can track your campaigns’ overall success, and add new campaigns with just a couple of clicks.
To help you visualize large amounts of data, Serpstat generates diagrams and charts that are easy to understand, even for people who aren’t experienced in digital marketing analytics.
The reports you create can be fully customized with your branding and logo so that they are fully white labeled. This is a great feature if you are providing SEO services for another company or working as an agency. There are no limits to the number of reports you can export, and you can export them in multiple formats depending on what works best for you.
You can easily analyze the backlinks of your own website as well as your competitors. Serpstat will provide you with a detailed report of all of your backlinks along with anchors, and referring domains.
You can view the Serpstat Trust Rank and the Page Rank of each referring domain to give you an idea of the quality of backlinks so that you can avoid any backlinks from questionable sources which may lead to penalties.
The Benefits of Using Serpstat
- Serpstat is an all in one SEO toolkit that will be able to handle all of your SEO needs.
- The user interface and dashboards are easy to understand and use, even if you are a complete beginner.
- Serpstat can create white-labelled reports, which is a great option to have if you are working on an SEO project on behalf of a client.
- You can have unlimited users for your account, so you can add in your colleagues or your boss so that they can easily view statistics and reports.
- There is a free plan available with access to some useful features.
- The pricing is affordable compared to other SEO toolkits.
- The reports are presented visually and are easy to understand.
The Downsides to Using Serpstat
- The customer service team can be a little slow to respond during peak times.
- There have been reports that the keyword difficulty can occasionally be inaccurate ( I find SEMrush to have a more accurate keyword difficulty score)
- White-labeled reporting is only available on the “Enterprise” plan which is very expensive, so not suitable for everyone.
Serpstat has four pricing plans available to its customers: Lite, Standard, Advanced, and Enterprise.
The first plan is the ‘Lite’ plan, which costs $69/monthly (all plans offer a discount if you sign up for a whole year). The Lite plans include 4,000 queries per day, 10,000 results per week, and up to 500,000 export rows per month.
All of the basic features such as in-depth keyword analysis, missing keywords, related keywords, and access to API are also included. This plan is unfortunately not really suitable for agencies or SEO professionals since there is no access to team management, white-labeled reports, or branded reports.
The ‘Standard’ plan costs $149/monthly and includes everything from the ‘Lite’ plan, as well as higher usage limits of 5,000 queries per day, and 30,000 results per report. This plan doesn’t include white-labeled reports but does include branded reports, and you can add up to three team members to your account.
The ‘Advanced’ plan costs $299/monthly, and includes 8,000 search queries per day, 150,000 tracked keywords, 1,250,000 pages to audit, and team management for up to 5 team members. This plan also has the benefit of included phone support.
The ‘Enterprise’ plan costs $499/monthly and includes the maximum limits in all areas. This plan is primarily aimed at agencies. You can have up to 7 team members with this plan, and this is the only plan that offers white label reporting.
Serpstat also offers a free plan that you can sign up to using Google, Facebook, Twitter, or your email address. The free plan has low daily usage limits and doesn’t include access to all features, nevertheless, it’s a great option to anyone who can’t afford a paid plan yet, or who just wants to test drive the interface to get a feel for the software.
You can find out more about what Serpstat has to offer and try their free features here.
Serpstat vs SEMrush: SEMrush Review 2020
SEMrush is an all in one marketing toolkit that gives you everything you need to grow your online presence through SEO, PPC, and content marketing. As well as helping you see how your own sites are performing, you can also use SEMrush to analyse your competitors’ strategies and work on outranking them in SERP results.
SEMrush is one of the most popular digital marketing tools around, with a solid reputation and over 4 million users around the world. They are trusted by big names such as eBay, Quora, and hp, so you can be sure you are in safe hands.
The Key Features of SEMrush
- Organic Research
- Advertising Research
- Display advertising tool
- Backlink analysis tool and backlink research tool
- Keyword research
- Product listing ads
- Traffic analytics
- Market explorer
- SEO Writing assistant
- Project tracking
- Site audits
- Social Media Tracker
- Social Media Poster
- Brand monitoring
- On-page SEO checker
SEMrush has a range of keyword research tools that can help you find keywords in your niche that you rank for. As well as helping you to find the keywords for your SEO campaigns, SEMrush can also help you find the right keywords for your PPC campaigns.
Once you enter a target keyword SEMrush will give you an overview of the keyword with statistics such as the monthly search volume, number of results, CPC, and competition, so that you can plan your strategy.
Long-tail keywords and related keywords are also provided so that you can see if there are any similar keywords with less competition that you will have more chance of ranking for.
The Keyword Magic tool helps you to find different keyword ideas for your campaigns and can provide you with up to 2 million keyword ideas. You can group your keywords by topic by using the keyword grouper tool and choose and save the best ones using the keyword analyzer.
You can use SEMrush to help you outrank your competitors in the SERPs by simply typing your competitors’ domain name into the organic research search bar, and seeing which keywords they are ranking for. This gives you the opportunity to try and outrank them, and also helps you to find new competitors, and view any changes in the ranking position of various domains.
SEO Writing Assistant
SEMrush has an SEO writing assistant tool that helps you to optimize your content for your target keywords. It also helps you to make sure that your content is readable for your visitors as well as search engines, and lets you know if any of your content has been plagiarized using in the inbuilt plagiarism checker.
This feature works by using either a WordPress plug, a Google docs add-on or alternatively you can work directly with SEMrush.
The on-page audit feature lets you analyze your sites SEO so that you can spot and issues and get them fixed as soon as possible. The tool gives your website an overall health check and points out any problems it finds and lists them by priority so you know what needs fixing most urgently.
This tool allows you to:
- Optimize the links on your pages (internal and external)
- Add in any missing tags
- Optimize titles, meta descriptions, and HTML tags for search engines and users
- Check for and correct any broken images
- Detect and erase any error pages
- Find duplicate content
- Perform HTTPS checks
SEMrush has a powerful backlink checker which you can use to view all links pointing to your domain. The backlink checker shows you the domain authority of the backlinks to your site, as well as the geolocation of the links and the anchor text. This data lets you perform deep link analysis and compare your inbound links with your competitors’ domains so that you can improve your link building strategy and look for new link building opportunities.
You can also check the type of backlinks pointing to your website, and view if they are ‘follow’ or ‘nofollow’ links, which will allow you to keep track of the ratio of follow/no-follow links so you can focus on increasing the best quality follow links to your site. This checking tool is really useful for you to see where your competitors ‘follow’ links are coming from so that you can try to gain links from them too.
Social Media Tracking and Posting
The social media tracker allows you to keep tabs on your competitors’ social media performance so that you can continually improve your own strategy. This tool allows you to keep track of performance on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, all from one place, and easily build reports to show your progress.
The metrics you can track include:
- Changes in your number of followers, compared to your competitors
- Engagement levels over time
- Find the hottest topics through the hashtag reports
- Find the most engaging social media posts
- Analyze publishing trends over time
- See who’s mentioning you or your competitors
The social media posting tool allows you to connect all of your social media accounts to SEMrush so that you can post to all of your social accounts from one place. You can choose to schedule posts ahead of time and manage your queues, so even when you’re not available, your social media accounts will still be active.
Custom schedules can be created for your social media accounts, so you can see when there are any empty slots that need filling with content.
All of the content that you have scheduled can be viewed on your content calendar, and if you need to change any scheduled posts to a different date you can simply drag and drop the post to the new date you have chosen.
The Benefits of Using SEMrush
- SEMrush allows you to spy on your competitors’ SEO strategy so that you can compare them with your own and find new link building opportunities.
- The SEO writing assistant helps you to ensure that your content is always fully optimized for search engines.
- You can easily do organic and paid keyword research, find competitive keywords, long-tail keywords, and related keywords to enhance your keyword strategy for your SEO campaigns.
- SEMrush has advanced reporting and analytics features, so you can easily create professional reports with all the information you need the click of a button.
- SEMrush offers good value for money when you consider all the tools and features it includes.
- Accurate keyword difficulty ratings, long-tail keywords identification and SERP analysis
- Better SEO campaign dashboards for clients or multiple projects
The Downsides to Using SEMrush
- There are so many tools available that it can be a little confusing to navigate everything at first.
- It’s not always clear how to use all of the tools at first, so there is a learning curve.
SEMrush has three different plans available, depending on your business needs, and you can save 16% on the monthly price if you choose to pay for the whole year upfront.
The first plan is the Pro plan, which costs $99.95 per month. This plan is perfect for freelancers, startups and small businesses who will be handling their SEO and marketing in house. All plans offer all of the main features, so the main difference between the plans is the usage limits.
This plan lets you generate 10,000 results per report, with up to 3,000 reports per day, and it gives you 250 keyword metrics updates per month. You can work on a maximum of 3 projects, track 500 keywords, and crawl 100,000 pages per month. You can monitor 50 social profiles, and post to 10 social profiles. Branded and white label reports are not included in this plan.
Next up is the Guru plan, which costs $199.95/month. This plan lets you generate 30,000 results per report, with up to 5,000 reports per day, and it gives you 1000 keyword metrics updates per month.
You can work on a maximum of 15 projects, track 1,500 keywords, and crawl 300,000 pages per month. You can monitor 100 social profiles, and post to 30 social profiles. Branded reports are included with this plan, but not white-label reports.
Finally, there is the Business plan which costs $399.95/month. This plan lets you generate 50,000 results per report, with up to 10,000 reports per day, and it gives you 5000 keyword metrics updates per month.
You can work on a maximum of 25 projects, track 5000 keywords, and crawl 1,000,000 pages per month. You can monitor 300 social profiles, and post to 50 social profiles. Branded reports are included with this plan, but not white-label reports.
The Pro and Guru plan both offer a 7-day free trial, but you will need to provide your credit card details and remember to cancel if you don’t want to be billed after the free trial.
You can see more about what SEMrush has to offer and try them for free here.
Serpstat vs SEMrush Compared: Which is better?
FAQs About Serpstat vs SEMrush
This platform is more focused on marketing professionals, which means it does not offer SEO or PPC services to their customers.
Serpstat does not collect data in real-time, nevertheless shows the monthly average keyword volume of the last year and third-party services.
Changing your REMrush payment information is very easy. Just go to you “Profile Menu” and click the “Billing Info” button and edit the information. If this is not possible due to an expired card, re-subscribe from the “Prices” page with an updated card and billing information.
After comparing Serpstat and SEMrush side by side, it’s clear that both of these are great SEO toolkits.
But which one is better?
Well, that depends on your needs really.
If it’s value for money you’re looking for, then you can’t beat Serpstat. Serpstat offers everything you need to work on your sites SEO and keyword strategy for a great price, and you can even use some of the tools for free!
The main downside to Serpstat is that white labelled reporting is only available on the Enterprise plan which costs $499 per month, so white Serpstat is a fantastic tool for entrepreneurs and small businesses, we wouldn’t recommend it for agencies.
If you’re an agency or SEO professional then SEMrush is the tool for you. It offers premium keyword research features (including more accurate keyword difficulty and relevant keyword suggestions), as well as loads of other handy tools such as the SEO writing assistant, and social media tracking and posting tools. It is a little more expensive than Serpstat, but it gives you a lot for your money.
Best of all, you have access to branded reports on the Guru plan, and both branded reports and white labelled reports on the Business plan, which is just $399.95/month compared to Serpstats $499/month.
Bottom Line: If you use SEO tools daily and use multiple tools, the best solution is going with SEMrush. We’ve negotiated a special extended 14-day trial for our readers here, if you are interested. Their all-in-one toolkit is hard to beat. That said, if you are on a tight budget, Serpstat is an affordable SEO suite to get started with.
- SEMrush vs Majestic: Which SEO Tool is Better? Unsure which SEO solution is best for your company? Find out which keyword search tool is better with a detailed comparison of Majestic & SEMrush.
- SEMrush versus SEOprofiler Compared
- SEMrush vs Moz
- SEMrush vs SEO PowerSuite
- SpyFu vs SEMrush Compared
- SEMrush vs AccuRanker Compared
- Long Tail Pro vs SEMrush Compared
- Serpstat Review: How Does It Measure Up? In this Serpstat review, we are going to talk you through how this SEO tool works, and all of the features it offers. Read here!
- Top SEMRush Alternatives
- Ahrefs vs SpyFu Compared
- SE Ranking Review
- How to Find the Best SEO Tools for Digital Marketing in 2020: With so many SEO tools options to choose from, make your decision making process easier with our guide to choosing the best SEO tools in 2020.