Last Updated on November 28, 2021 by DMEditor
If you want to deep dive into building a website, look at Wix vs Duda to see which one will work best for you. If you want a simple website, these might be a little too complicated, and I will show you some alternatives that are much simpler near the bottom of the article.
Your website is the face of your business, but that doesn’t mean it has to be complicated if you are only starting. However, if you’ve had your current website for a while and want a better one, or if you have some skills already and want to make your website look amazing right off the bat, then choosing Wix or Duda could be a good option for you.
Continue reading this article as I show you more about both of these website builders so that you can get the best results for your website.
Table of Contents
Main Differences Between Wix vs Duda
The main differences between Wix vs Duda are:
- Wix makes you keep your website on its platform, whereas Duda allows you to export your website
- Wix isn’t as developer-friendly, whereas Duda lets clients leave feedback directly, so developers know what they want specifically
- Wix can be a little slower, whereas Duda is better for getting higher core web vital scores
- Wix gives you a lot more freedom to design, whereas Duda makes you stay within their columns and rows
You might already see that either Wix or Duda is the best website builder for you. For those of you who still aren’t sure, I will go through more details about each of them to make an informed decision.
A lot of people like you can get started with Wix without adding a credit card. You can continue to use their free version as long as you want—as long as you keep their Wix branding on your website. Some people are more than happy to do this, so they don’t have to pay when they first start their business.
Wix boats that their powerful technology allows anyone to get online when they want to do so. In fact, over 200 million people use their website builder. They constantly work to upgrade their product and make it easier for people to get their business or passion on the internet.
With over 5,000 employees around the world—and growing—Wix doesn’t plan on going anywhere. Now let’s get into more about Wix’s advantages, disadvantages, and how much you can expect to pay.
- Great templates that make it easy for you to build a professional-looking website
- Makes it easy to add elements to make your website look well put together
- Gives you complete freedom over the design process
- Has two editors – the traditional editor and the artificial design intelligence that build your website for you
- Very flexible with many content type options to add to your website
- Offers Wix Velo that allows you to add APIs, scripts, and more
- Out of Wix’s 900 plus templates, a whopping 0 of them are mobile responsive. They are only mobile-friendly, so they don’t look horrible on different devices, but they don’t look as good as they could
- If you choose a template, you should stick with it unless you want to rebuild your entire website all over again.
- Does not have great customer support even though they say it is 24/7
Wix Pricing Plans
You can get a website plan for a pretty good price when you go with Wix. You can either stick with the free plan with Wix branding, or you can upgrade to one of their higher plans for more features.
The Combo plan is best for personal use at $14/mo, their Unlimited plan that is best for freelancers to use is $18/mo, the Pro plan that is best for complete branding is $23/mo, and if you want faster customer support, then the VIP plan is a good one for you at $39/mo.
Duda proudly talks about the 450,000 businesses that trust them with their website needs. They’ve helped people host over 100 million monthly visits and have received over 20 industry awards.
Instead of focusing on business owners, Duda focuses on web design service providers. This is one of the reasons Duda allows its users to export their websites, unlike Wix. Wix plans on users hosting and keeping their websites there, but Duda prepares for developers that won’t host their client’s websites.
They’re proud of their powerful team collaboration and client management tools. Duda makes it easy for users to build responsive websites with great features their clients love. The speed of their websites is one of the things people love about them, especially since that is a ranking factor within Google now.
Duda put themselves on the map when they started with their mission to help small businesses boost traffic with better mobile sites. With offices in different countries, Duda plans on helping business owners all around the world level up their websites to boost their businesses.
- Allows you to export websites you create
- When you use Duda, you can play with your HTML, but you don’t have as much freedom as you do with Wix, which is a plus in some cases, so you don’t mess anything up
- Super fast websites, so your core web vitals score is an A+
- One easy-to-use drag-and-drop website editor with layout restrictions
- Gives users content blogs known as widgets for easy building
- All of Duda’s over 90 templates are mobile responsive
- Duda gives you access to 30 different payment gateways if you want to sell products on your website
- High learning curve because it can be difficult to find things with the interface
- Has no apps
- Doesn’t have great customer support – but they do have live chat, unlike Wix
Duda Pricing Plans
You might be surprised at how well-priced Duda’s plans are, and you can even create a custom plan if they don’t have what you need. Their Basic plan is only $19/mo and allows you to buy by the site, their Team plan is only $29/mo and gives you expanded access, the Agency plan allows you to save money if you plan on doing multiple websites.
Wix and Duda Alternatives
In this Wix vs Duda review, you’ve seen a lot of good and bad about both of them, but these aren’t your only good options. If you don’t feel good about either of these website builders, there are some others that might fit your needs better.
- Squarespace – This is the cool kid on the block website builder and comes with some neat features. You’ll pay for it, though, so keep that in mind when you check it out.
- Weebly – If you want easy as ABC and 123, then Weebly is the best website builder for you. You can’t really mess up when you use this builder for your website.
- GoDaddy – Another website builder that makes things pretty simple is GoDaddy’s website builder. It’s easy to drag and drop the elements you want, edit the text and publish your content.
Wix vs Duda Final Verdict
My favorite is Duda because it is much faster than Wix, has mobile responsive templates, and the price is right. However, if you are a beginner and don’t care that you can’t change your theme or export your site, you might like Wix more.
Duda also makes the most sense if you plan on building websites for other people. The company culture is pretty cool too, so you know they are serious about their work and always aim to do their best. Don’t stop reading here. Check out Duda vs WordPress Compared and Webflow vs Wix – Which One Is Best?