Choosing a good directory can save you a lot of time and stress – but it can be hard to know which one to go for.
In this article, we’ll be taking a look at the main differences and similarities between Salehoo and Worldwide Brands, before going into each directory in more detail. If you’ve been stuck trying to decide between these two, this comparison might help you out.
My Bottom Line Up Front: Experienced sellers will appreciate the DEEP suppliers lists offered by WorldWideBrands here, otherwise the more approachable option with vetted suppliers and a modern interface is Salehoo here for beginners.
Let’s start with the differences first.
Table of Contents
- 1 Main Differences between Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands
- 2 Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands: The Similarities
- 3 Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands: What is Salehoo?
- 4 What is Worldwide Brands?
- 5 Salehoo – Main Features
- 6 Worldwide Brands – Main Features
- 7 Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands – Pricing
- 8 Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands – Support
- 9 Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands – Pros and Cons
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands
- 11 Conclusion – Which One Should You Pick Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands?
Main Differences between Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands
The main differences between Salehoo and Worldwide Brands are:
- Salehoo has a few tools for market research, whereas Worldwide Brands doesn’t
- Salehoo has more of a modern platform, whereas Worldwide Brand’s interface is a little dated
- Salehoo has over one million products, whereas Worldwide Brands has sixteen million to choose from
- Salehoo offers more comprehensive training for new sellers, whereas Worldwide Brands offers less training
- Salehoo allows you to pay for a year’s access or lifetime access, whereas Worldwide Brands only offers lifetime access
- Salehoo has slightly less thorough quality checking, whereas Worldwide Brands take their quality checks very seriously
- Salehoo was launched in 2005, whereas Worldwide Brands was launched in 1999
The main differences to focus on are the marketing tools and the number of products. If you want a wider range of products, Worldwide Brands is going to be the one for you. If you want to be able to take advantage of some useful marketing research tools, Salehoo is going to be the better choice.
The other main difference between the two is that the interface of Salehoo is a little easier to navigate than that of Worldwide Brands. This may not be an issue for you, but you might find that if you’re using the directory often, having an outdated platform might become a bit annoying after a while.
Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands: The Similarities
Both directories have a lot in common, too.
- They both take the work out of finding a trusted supplier
- They both have a team of people dedicated to finding suppliers, even suppliers that don’t market themselves very well online
- They both offer support and training for new sellers
- They both allow you to bookmark sellers for future reference
- They both allow you to search using a variety of filters for easier organization
- They both feature sellers with low or no minimum orders
Either directory is great for cutting out some of the tedious admin work that comes from finding products and suppliers for your online store – they both have great reviews from users, too, with many people finding success selling online using these directories.
Let’s take a look at each directory in more detail so you can see how they work for yourself.
Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands: What is Salehoo?
Salehoo is an online, searchable directory of over 8,000 trusted suppliers. From baby gear to electronics to clothing, Salehoo covers a huge range of categories with over one million products.
They offer market research tools to help users find the right products for them. They also have a series of beginners’ guides to selling online, as well as a forum of users. Salehoo is very simple to use, even for beginners.
What is Worldwide Brands?
Worldwide Brands is the biggest online wholesale directory. With over 20 years of experience, they have a team of researchers to find the best suppliers, giving those that pass their stringent checks their own Seal of Approval. They charge a one-time payment for lifetime access to the directory.
They offer some free training for online sellers, too. They’re ideal for anyone wanting to sell online without the hassle of finding suppliers from scratch.
Salehoo – Main Features
Salehoo has a few features when it comes to market research – features which can potentially help you to save a lot of time and money buying stock that won’t sell. They offer enough features to satisfy both dropshippers and bulk/wholesalers.
They track over 1.6 million products, using factors like sell rate and competition data to help you find the most popular products – it’s easy to find low competition, high-selling products using their platform.
You can focus on affordable products using the price slider – this helps you to stay within the limits of your own budget. This potentially saves a lot of time filtering out products that you can’t afford to stock.
They offer trend analysis, which is helpful. You can use this to catch onto market trends, hopefully giving you an edge over the competition.
Salehoo allows you to save products and view them in a comparison table – this allows you to compare by sell rate, competition, the number of listings, price, and if the product is trending. This is a handy feature to have when trying to decide which products to choose.
Categories of products include:
- Baby Gear
- Cameras and Photography
- Cars and Auto Parts
- Clothing and Fashion
- Consumer Electronics
- DVDs and Movies
- Health and Beauty
- Jewelry and Watches
- Pet Products
- Shoes and Fashion
- Sporting Goods and Entertainment
- Toys and Games
- Travel and Outdoors
- Video Gaming
Suppliers – Drop Shipping
Salehoo lists over 1,000 suppliers for drop shipping. They have a vetting process for suppliers – this is vital if you want to avoid falling for a low-quality, unreliable dropshipping company (which is easy to do by accident).
You can easily check contact information, product ranges, shipping details, and the customer service provided by each supplier.
You can look for suppliers that ship both domestically and internationally. This is useful if you want to expand your business to sell products across the globe.
You can organize your favorite suppliers on your dashboard – you can also add notes to remind you of which products you like and what your next steps will be.
If you like the look of a product but you’re not sure which supplier to pick, Salehoo lists each supplier, and you can filter your search results by location, minimum order amount and shipping options. You can also choose to search exlusively for a dropshipping supplier, to filter out results from wholesalers (wholesale supplier) if you are exlusively looking for a dropship supplier.
In terms of dropshipping, around 70% of Salehoo’s suppliers do not require an application fee, and a lot of them offer low minimum orders (or even zero minimum orders). That’s part of why Salehoo is particularly well suited to dropshippers – it’s designed to make dropshipping as easy as possible.
Suppliers – Wholesale
Salehoo has over 8,000 wholesale suppliers who go through the same vetting process as their dropshipping suppliers. Finding suppliers works much in the same way – you can search through them, check their credentials, and add them to your dashboard with your own personal notes on each one.
If you want to sell branded products, you can search for them across the most popular categories (including health and beauty and consumer electronics). This is a great way to ensure you’re getting the real deal when it comes to expensive brands.
Part of the reason why it’s so hard to find good wholesalers is because they don’t often market themselves well. Salehoo takes some of the work out of this for you by finding suppliers that you might not otherwise stumble across. They also negotiate special offers for members – working with these offers can be a good way to increase your profit margins and offer lower prices for your customers.
Salehoo offers a ton of free guides – even if you’re not a member yet. These include:
- Getting Started – how to start selling online
- Business Setup – how to deal with tax and other tasks involved in setting up a business
- Importing and Shipping – How to find the best items by importing them
- What Should You Sell? – How to decide which items to sell
- Find a Product Supplier – How to find good suppliers
- Product Sourcing – How to work well with suppliers
- Selling on eBay and Amazon – How to sell on these two platforms
- Starting an Online Store – How to set up an eCommerce store
- Scam Prevention – How to avoid getting taken in by scams
The guides are pretty detailed, and they’re great for beginners.
Worldwide Brands – Main Features
Worldwide Brands focus on finding the best possible suppliers. Their research team are dedicated to finding the best suppliers out there, with new wholesalers added to the supplier directory each week.
They find suppliers by visiting trade shows (an activity that is prohibitively expensive for many people) and talking directly to suppliers so that they can thoroughly check their reliability and product quality.
Chosen suppliers will receive the Worldwide Brands Seal. This can only be gained by meeting their strict criteria – so verified suppliers can’t just buy their way into approval. Essentially, if you go with Worldwide Brands, you can be pretty certain that you’re not going to run into any scam sellers.
They have the largest selection of wholesale products anywhere online – with over 16 million products to choose from. They only use wholesalers based in the USA, too.
You can browse suppliers by dropshipping or light bulk products, by platform for sales (eBay, Amazon, or online store) or supplier location. You can add suppliers to your ‘favorites’ and set up notifications to alert you to new products. This is great for acting quickly when interesting new products or suppliers appear.
Products (whether wholesale or dropshipping) come under the following categories:
- Baby and Maternity
- Books, Movies, and Media
- Business and Industrial
- Clothing, Shoes and Accessories
- Computers and Networking
- Consumer Electronics
- Crafts and Supplies
- Food and Drinks
- Health and Beauty
- Home and Garden
- Mature Audiences (18+)
- Music and Instruments
- Office and School Supplies
- Pet Supplies
- Special Occasions and Party
- Sporting Goods
- Supplements and Nutrition
- Tools and Hardware
- Toys, Games and Hobbies
- Vehicles, Parts and Accessories
The platform is not as modern as Salehoo’s, and they lack the market research tools that Salehoo offers – but they do offer a wider array of wholesale and dropship products in more categories.
Like Salehoo, Worldwide Brands offers free training for new sellers, only this time in the form of eBooks and videos. These include:
- Starting Your Internet Business Right
- How to Find Real Products You Can Sell Online
- Wholesale Tips Videos
- Ebiz Insider Video Series
Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands – Pricing
Salehoo’s pricing is pretty straightforward – you can pay $67 for a year’s access, or $127 for lifetime access. That’s it! You can find out more here.
Worldwide Brands Pricing
Worldwide Brands costs $299 for lifetime access, but you can occasionally catch it on sale (as it is in the image above). They also offer a free demo – you can find out more here.
Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands – Support
As we mentioned earlier, Salehoo has a great collection of guides and tutorials. They also have a forum for users to discuss products and answer questions.
In terms of customer support, you can contact Salehoo via email or phone.
If you need extra support, you can contact Worldwide Brands via email (they have several email addresses for different issues), or you can write to them. Not having a phone number is a bit annoying, but they aim to respond to emails very quickly.
Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands – Pros and Cons
- Easy to use – it’s really easy to search through products and suppliers
- Free training – the information provided is great
- Low/no minimum orders on many suppliers – useful for those who don’t have a lot of money or room to store stock upfront
- Trusted suppliers – suppliers go through a vetting process to weed out poor products and bad customer service
- Branded goods – you can search for branded items in a variety of categories
- Market research – the market research tools are really useful
- Not as many products as WorldWideBrand – so less choice
- Lots of competition – with a lot of other sellers using Salehoo, you might not find it as easy to source unique products
Worldwide Brands Pros
- The highest number of products in any online directory – gives you a lot of scope for choosing unique and great-selling products
- The very thorough vetting process for suppliers
- The free demo offered – allows you to get a feel for the platform itself
- Expertise – team of researchers are dedicated to finding new suppliers and products and can answer queries from users quickly
- Simple to use – it’s easy enough to learn to use Worldwide Brands
Worldwide Brands Cons
- Lack of market research tools when compared to Salehoo
- The slightly outdated platform may get annoying after a while
- No telephone support
Frequently Asked Questions Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands
No, there is not a free trial.
Yes – it’s a pretty beginner-friendly platform.
No – Salehoo acts as a directory, linking you to suppliers – you can’t buy through Salehoo itself.
If you can’t find anything, you can email Salehoo for extra support – and if they can’t find anything either, they’ll give you a refund for your membership.
Salehoo is suited for anyone selling online but works particularly well for dropshippers.
No – Salehoo don’t tend to run sales or give coupons for cheaper membership.
Yes, Salehoo has a very popular Shopify integration.
No – they don’t suppliers that require upfront costs or fees.
No – you have to purchase them via the suppliers.
You can see a free demo which gives you an idea of what it looks like.
Worldwide Brands coined the term Light Bulk Wholesalers, which they use to refer to suppliers that sell products to retailers with minimum orders of $500 or less.
Yes, they do offer a few big brand suppliers.
Yes – you can contact them to request products for their research team to look into.
Not at this time, no.
Conclusion – Which One Should You Pick Salehoo vs Worldwide Brands?
Which one would we recommend?
As always, this depends on exactly what you’re looking for.
Experienced Dropshipper? If you’ve been dropshipping for a little while, or you’re finding it difficult to find the products you want, you might want to look into paying for lifetime access to Worldwide Brands. They have the biggest collection of products, and you know you can trust their recommendations for suppliers, as their reliability checks are pretty stringent.
New to Dripshipping? However, if you’re new to dropshipping or selling online, I would definitely recommend Salehoo. The interface is a little easier on the eye, the market research tools are useful, and they generally make it as easy as possible to navigate and use their platform. Their how-to guides, although free, are really useful and are a great way to learn to use the directory properly. Plus, you can always pay for a year’s access if you think that you might want a wider array of products in the future.
My Bottom Line: Experienced sellers will appreciate the DEEP suppliers lists offered by WorldWideBrands here, otherwise the more approachable option with vetted suppliers and a modern interface is Salehoo here for beginners.
Both directories have a lot to offer for online sellers and dropshippers alike, with glowing reviews from users – and they should save you a lot of research time.
We hope this has helped you to find the best supplier’s directory – have you used either of them? What are your thoughts? Let us know by leaving us a comment.
Further Reading on eCommerce and Dropshipping Services: