Both NetSuite vs SAP are cloud-based platforms for businesses to manage all major components of their business activities.
The platforms integrate an ERP and CRM system, which lowers business operating costs, provides real-time information, removes redundancy, and provides a wide variety of user activities that are important for businesses to run smoothly.
NetSuite and SAP enable Users to can manage Sales, Quotes, Contracts, Planning, Accounting (accounts receivable, and accounts payable), Finances, Payroll, Supply Chain Management in one system. Accessible real-time reports provide updated status on financial results for important management reviews when in the office or on the road.
Table of Contents
- 1 Main Differences Between Netsuite vs SAP
- 2 Netsuite vs SAP Products
- 2.1 NetSuite
- 2.2 1.ERP
- 2.3 Features:
- 2.4 2.Accounting Software
- 2.5 Features:
- 2.6 3.Global Business Management
- 2.7 Features:
- 2.8 4.CRM
- 2.9 Features:
- 2.10 5.Human Captial Management – HR & Payroll
- 2.11 Features:
- 2.12 6.Professional Services Automation
- 2.13 Features:
- 2.14 7.Omnichannel Commerce
- 2.15 Features:
- 2.16 8.Email Marketing
- 2.17 Features:
- 2.18 9.Analytics
- 2.19 Features:
- 2.20 10.Experience
- 2.21 Features:
- 2.22 11.SuiteSuccess
- 2.23 Features:
- 2.24 12.Platform
- 2.25 Features:
- 3 SAP Products
- 4 Netsuite vs SAP Industries
- 5 Netsuite vs SAP Service
- 6 Netsuite vs SAP Training
- 7 Netsuite vs SAP Pros and Cons
- 8 Pricing
- 9 Customer Reviews
- 10 Youtube
- 11 FAQs
- 12 Conclusion: Netsuite vs SAP ERP
Main Differences Between Netsuite vs SAP
The main differences between Netsuite vs SAP are:
- NetSuite only has 24,000+ customers, whereas SAP has 437,000+ customers
- NetSuite is built for small to medium size business, whereas SAP can manage small, medium-sized, and larger corporations
- NetSuite is User easy to customize, whereas SAP requires professional assistance for the smallest changes
Netsuite vs SAP Products
They have 12 Products that contain various features:
NetSuite ERP gives companies visibility and control of their business activities and status.
- Financial Management
- Production Management
- Financial Planning
- Supply Chain Management
- Order Management
- Warehouse & Fulfillment
NetSuite provides complete real-time visibility into the financial performance and critical business processes.
- Finance Accounting
- Finance Planning
- Finance Reporting
- Global Accounting & Consolidation
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- Revenue Recognition
3.Global Business Management
NetSuite enables the management of multinational and multi-subsidiary operations.
- Global Ecommerce
- Global ERP
- Global SRP
- International Capabilities
NetSuite’s CRM provides real-time information on an entire customer lifecycle, from lead to business opportunity, quotes, commissions, sales forecasting, purchase, delivery, and beyond.
- Customer Service Management
- Marketing Automation
- Partner Relationship Management
- SalesForce Automation
5.Human Captial Management – HR & Payroll
NetSuite gives businesses complete control over their HR processes.
- Performance Management
- HR Analytics
- Expense Management
- Project Accounting
6.Professional Services Automation
NetSuite manages bid-to-bill processes and configures as your business grows. It’s capable of expanding as-needed, with project management, resource management, project financials, billing, and invoicing activities.
- Expense Management
- Project Accounting
- Project Management
- Resource Management
- Timesheet Management
NetSuite supports multiple countries, languages, tax rates, and currencies.
- B2C & B2B Ecommerce
- Email Marketing
- Order Management
- Point of Sale
NetSuite provides customer relations for email marketing by sending the right message at the right time.
- Browse Abandonment
- Cart Recovery
- Product Recommendations
NetSuite has built-in AI. Analytics providing critical decision that gains insights into company performance by department, teams, subsidiaries. Management can enter questions about the business and expect answers on what is happening. what will happen in the future, and what they can do to stay ahead.
- Business Intelligence
NetSuite Experience involves empathy and communication from every team and every customer in order to relate to employee mindest and increase motivation, inspire User efficiency and productivity.
- Document Management
- Embedded Analytics
- Role-based Authentication
- Suite Social
- User Interface
- User Customized Dashboards
NetSuite is engineered to solve unique industry challenges which in history has limited a company’s ability to grow, scale, and make necessary changes.
- Apparel & Footwear
- Financials First
- Food & Beverages
- IT Value-Added Resellers
- Media & Entertainment
- Oracle NetSuite Planning & Budgeting
- Solution Provider
- Starter Edition
- Suite Commerce
- Suite People
- Wholesale Solution
NetSuite can be extended by adding apps to maximize business success.
- SuiteCloud Tools
- SuiteCloud Infrastructure
- Suite APP Directory
- SuiteCloud Developer Network
- Build, Customize, Connect, Integrate
They have 6 Product Categories with a variety of categories:
1.ERP & Finance
SAP connects all departments and functions with an ERP system– in the cloud or on-premise.
- SAPS/ 4 Hana
- ERP for Small & Midsize Enterprises
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Accounting & Financial Close
- Treasury Management
- Accounts Receivable, Billing, and Revenue Management
- Governance, Risk, Compliance, (GRC) and Cyber Security
2.Supply Chain Management
SAP includes customer-centric products to market faster.
- Supply Chain Planning
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Enterprise Asset Management
3.CRM & Customer Experience
SAP enables businesses to understand their customers and engage them with hyper-personalized experiences.
- Customer Data
4.HR & People Engagement
SAP enables flexibility and engagement in the workforce from the shift of transactional human capital management to end-to-end experiences.
- Employee Experience Management
- Core HR & Payroll
- Talent Management
- HR Analytics & Workforce Planning
5.Network and Spend Management
SAP manages all categories of spend with the market’s leading cloud solutions and the world’s largest business network.
- Supplier Management
- Strategic Sourcing
- Services Procurement & Contingent Workforce
- Selling & Fulfillment
- Travel & Expense
6.Business Technology Platform
SAP turns data into insights and insights into action.
- Database & Data Management
- Application Development & Integration
- Intelligent Technologies
Netsuite vs SAP Industries
Netsuite Industry- The #1 Cloud Business Management Suite
- Advertising & Digital Marketing Agencies
- Apparel, Footwear, and Accessories
- Campus Stores
- Financial Services
- Food & Beverage
- Health & Beauty
- IT Services
- Media & Publishing
Intelligent enterprises start the transformation journey in their home industry. SAP offers solutions driven by intelligent technologies for best-practice business processes and enterprise resource planning tools that help you run better.
Energy & Natural Resources
- Building products
- Mill Products
- Oil & Gas
- Aerospace & Defense
- High Tech
- Industrial Machinery & Components
- Cargo Transportation and Logistics
- Engineering, Construction, and Operations
- Passenger Travel & Leisure
- Professional Services
- Sports & Entertainment
- Consumer Products
- Life Sciences
- Wholesale Distribution
- Defense & Security
- Federal & National Government
- Future Cities
- Higher Education & Research
- Regional, State, & Local Government
Netsuite vs SAP Service
Netsuite provides multiple avenues of service:
- Education Services
- Industry Expertise
- Partner Services & Support
- Professional Services
- Support Services
- NetSuite Product Training
- Learning Cloud Support
- NetSuite User Enablement
- NetSuite Partner Enablement
- NetSuite User Adoption Services
- NetSuite Certificate
- Contact Us Page
SAP Services cover a wide range of topics
Services & Support Offering
- Essential Business Services
- Innovation Services & Solutions
- Advisory Services
- Implementtion Services
- Cloud Services
- Support Services
- Premium Engagement
SAP Support Portal
- My Support OVerview
- Knowledge Base
- Product Support
- Software Downloads
- Next-Generation Support
- Application Lifecycle Management
- SAP One Support Launchpad
- Maintenance 2040
SAP Help Portal
- Product Document Finder
- SAP Road Maps
- Best Practices
- Support Portal Page
- Introduction Video
- Expert Chat
- Schedule an Expert
- Ask an Expert Peer
- Submit a Ticket
- Chat with CIC
- Call Us
- EMail CIC
Netsuite vs SAP Training
Training is offered for free to NetSuite Users. You choose the course and fill out a request form in order to obtain permission from NetSuite to take the required course.
Courses are online via Vidoe Instructions. If you have questions you can email your instructor who normally responds within 3 business days. Users have 1 year to complete a course
Their Training Program Includes:
- NetSuite Product Training- includes Course Catalog, Finder, and Schedule
- Learning Cloud Support- includes learning cloud support, support pass, and support selection
- User Enabled -a NetSuite Education Advisor will work create a tailored training plan for your Users based on your business needs
- Partner Enablement- includes partner enablement, onboarding training, training schedule, learning Cloud Support Pass, Learning Provider Toolkit
- NetSuite User Adoption Services- helps reduce implementation time by helping transform your business activities to the cloud and empowering users
- NetSuite Certification- this comes with an additional cost per User which provides certifications to users who have successfully learned the process of
- Training FAQ
The benefits of training are to increase user’s adoption, productivity, goal achievement, independent administration, reduce implementation risk, and strengthen long-term ownership.
NetSuite also offers 4 Administrator Certifications for your Users, at a cost of $250 each/ User
1.SuiteFoundation Certification- Subjects Include:
- Features and standard modules (i.e., CRM, ERP)
- Company and user preferences
- Relationship of users, roles, and permissions
- User interface customization
- Dashboards, reports, and searches
- Record types and their structure
- NetSuite product release process
2.Administrator Certification- Subjects Include:
- SuiteCloud Platform
- Setup and Administration
- Data Security
- Working with NetSuite
3.ERP Consultant Certification- Subjects Include:
- Data Strategy
4.SuiteCloud Developer II Certification- Subjects Include:
- SuiteScript (2.0)
- Design Fundamentals
New Release Quiz is provided Annually
New Release Quiz is an open-book, online quiz to test Users on two new releases each year.
NetSuite also offers 2 User Certifications for your Users, at a cost of $150 each/ User
1.Suite Analytics User
- Reports and Searches
- Advanced Searches
- Report Builder
- Subsidiaries, Classifications, Chart of Accounts
- Accounts Receivable & Payable
- Billing Schedules
- Banking and Payment Processing
- Journal Entries
- Expense Allocations
- Financial Reports and KPIs
- Period and Year-End Close
You can cancel your course or reschedule within 10 days from the start of the course, and you will receive full reimbursement.
All SAP Training Courses are Free for SAP Clients and are taught online via Video Instruction. The majority of the courses are self-paced and offered in English as well as German, Français, and Español…and some in Deutsch only.
Users also have the ability to learn on their mobile devices too. Each course taken provides the User with a Record of Achievement Certificate.
A total of 222 Training Courses are offered at SAP. Here is an example of some of the courses:
- Prepare for Your SAP Business ByDesign Certification – Application Associate
- SAP’s Integrated Intelligent Suite
- Confidential Communication in the Internet
- This Is SAP Fieldglass
- Business Success with Climate Action
- The Business Opportunities of a Digitally Transformed Economy
- Digital Identities
- An Enterprise Architect’s View on SAP Business Technology Platform
- Enter Next-Level Bot Building with SAP Intelligent RPA 2.0
- Cyberthreats: Malware
- SAP Integration Solution Advisory Methodology
- Integration Advisor Capability of SAP Cloud Platform Integration Suite
Netsuite vs SAP Pros and Cons
|NetSuite||Customized Forms & Reports||Tedious Admin Login|
|Supporting Multiple Currencies||Yearly fees increase|
|Inventory Management||Customer Service|
|General Ledger Transactions||Tax Platform|
|Integration||Difficult to modify if Business Process Changes|
|Training||High IT cost for the system support|
NetSuite provides a free product tour upon request
If you are interested in any of their product selections you will need to contact them for a quote.
SAP provides 14-days Free trial
If you are interested in any of the products you must request a quote.
TrustRadius rates NetSuite 7 out of 10 ~ “…best ERP to implement”
G2.com rates NetSuite 4.1 stars out of 5 with 81% of reviewers recommending this platform. ~ “…we are more efficient and have real-time data because of Netsuite”
TrustRadius rates SAP 8.4 out of 10 ~ “…has helped in decision making and ease the operation of entire.”
G2.com rates SAP 4.2 out of 5 stars with 89% of reviewers recommending this platform. ~”…inventory management at it’s best”
Check out NetSuite in action on Youtube.
Check out SAP in action on Youtube.
Answer: SAP is short for “Systems Applications and Products in Data Processing”. It is an AI cloud platform that provides end-to-end solutions by integrating finance, inventory, planning, distributions, and reports into one combined system.
Answer: ERP means “Enterprise Resource Planning”. ERP is automated and gathers and organizes business activities such as sales quotes, accounting, production, purchasing, planning, and more.
Conclusion: Netsuite vs SAP ERP
Both NetSuite and SAP are designed to meet the same business requirements from taking orders, to completing and reporting financial, to inventory management (ERP software).
SAP ERP software has been around a bit longer and seems to be more honed in on what the customers needs up to readily available avenues of customer support and in real-time.
NetSuite has multiple avenues of support access but if you need to talk to someone, it may not be available when needed. Hence SAP has a stronger review with customer support than NetSuite.
SAP’s training programs are free where NetSuite charges additional costs, which can add up. Both do not provide public access to their pricing without an official request for a quote.
Without knowing the price points for their products and only based on the above data, I personally lean towards SAP for large enterprise because of the depth of cloud based ERP products they provide, the free training, and the positive customer reviews.
I would recommend Netsuite if you are a small to mid-sized business, looking to add specific features and ERP functionality one step at a time (vs a full on implementation A-Z).
Further Reading on ERP Software & ERP Solution Providers: