Last Updated on May 27, 2022 by DMEditor
Statista estimates global e-commerce sales to reach $7.4 trillion in 2025, a 50% growth from 2021. This anticipated increase in retail shopping means businesses have to find ways to improve their shipping and logistics strategies to remain competitive.
Two of the most popular shipping software solutions are ShippingEasy vs Endicia. Both platforms have features that foster a streamlined shipping process for small to medium-sized businesses. For instance, both offer discounts on USPS shipping, real-time tracking, automatic order processing, return shipping, and label customization.
However, they also have differences that set them apart. This article compares ShippingEasy vs Endicia to help businesses choose the best software for their needs and budget.
Bottom Line Up Front Summary: The difference between ShippingEasy vs Endicia is that ShippingEasy has more carrier partners and offers a wider range of services, whereas Endicia focuses more on USPS and UPS shipping solutions. Both platforms have features that simplify the shipping process for businesses, but ShippingEasy offers more comprehensive services.
Table of Contents
- 1 Main Differences Between ShippingEasy vs Endicia
- 2 ShippingEasy Overview
- 3 Endicia Overview
- 4 ShippingEasy vs Endicia: How Do They Compare?
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion: ShippingEasy or Endicia?
Main Differences Between ShippingEasy vs Endicia
The main differences between ShippingEasy vs Endicia are:
- ShippingEasy offers more carrier partners, including FedEx, UPS, DHL, and USPS, whereas Endicia only integrates with USPS and UPS.
- ShippingEasy provides extra features such as customer marketing, seller tools for Shopify and Amazon, and Amazon Alexa integration, whereas Endicia focuses on providing shipping solutions.
- Endicia’s interface is much easier to use due to its simple dashboard and streamlined shipping process, whereas ShippingEasy’s extensive features make it slightly more complex.
- ShippingEasy’s pricing is straightforward, whereas Endicia doesn’t define its pricing model clearly.
ShippingEasy is a cloud-based shipping software solution designed for small to medium-sized businesses. Like Endicia and ShipStation, its parent company is Stamp.com. ShippingEasy boasts an intuitive interface with features that capture the benefits of both Endicia and ShipStation.
For instance, it automates shipping with rules that trigger actions like printing labels and sending tracking information to customers. It also allows businesses to manage inventory across multiple sales channels in one place. ShippingEasy integrates with major shipping platforms like UPS, FedEx, USPS, e-commerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, and marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
It also offers features unique to ShippingEasy, such as customer marketing with interactive metrics. Moreover, users have access to seller tools like abandoned cart follow-up for Shopify and a Seller Suite by ShippingEasy for Amazon. ShippingEasy pricing starts at $5/month for 50 shipments and includes a 30-day free trial for its six plans.
Below are features that make ShippingEasy an attractive shipping software for businesses:
- Discounted Rates: Users have access to USPS commercial rates, which are the lowest. Those shipping with UPS can receive discounts up to 86% off daily rates. It also offers discounts on insurance and exclusive rates on smaller but heavier packages.
- Shipping Automation: Users can save time by setting rules for shipping to automatically print labels and notify customers of tracking updates. The platform can organize packing lists and automate order synchronization across multiple sales channels.
- Advanced Reporting: ShippingEasy allows you to customize reports to view insights on customer interactions, shipping metrics, inventory, and order information. You can export data and create a performance summary with graphs and charts.
- Tracking and Returns: Customers can track their orders in real-time and find the expected delivery date. It allows you to brand tracking pages with your logo and add a return shipping policy. By automating returns, you can quickly process refunds and reorders.
- Customer Marketing: With ShippingEasy, you can send automated emails to customers with shipping updates and promotional messages. You can also segment customers for targeted marketing campaigns. Its automation capabilities allow users to request product reviews and send signup forms to customers to collect customer data.
- Top-notch customer support
- Intuitive interface
- Extensive feature set
- Numerous integrations
- 30-day free trial plan
- It has a slight learning curve due to its extensive features
- The starter plan lacks customer support
Endicia is a shipping software solution designed for medium to large businesses. It allows users to manage their shipping processes with various tools, including discounts on USPS rates, online postage services, shipping labels, Return Postage Guarantee, real-time tracking, etc.
The platform has numerous integrations, including e-commerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and marketplaces like Etsy. In addition, there are integrations with CRM solutions such as Oracle NetSuite and inventory solutions like Freestyle solutions.
While it doesn’t support FedEx or DHL, its integration with USPS and UPS gives businesses a range of options when shipping their products. An advantage that you’ll surely enjoy with Endicia is its discount on shipping rates. Users can enjoy up to 40% off the insurance package.
The software costs $17.99/month and comes with a 14-day trial. Online sellers, warehouse sellers, and office mailers can start with as low as $15.95/month for the Endicia premium account.
Some of the features that make Endicia an ideal shipping solution for businesses are:
- Automated Shipping: Endicia makes it easy to print shipping labels in batches. Users can also schedule pickups, track shipments, and view the delivery progress. Users can also link multiple workstations and autogenerate USPS compliant labels for international and domestic shipments.
- Discounted Shipping Rates: Endicia offers discounts on USPS rates, which can be as high as 30% off retail rates. Users can also get discounts on shipping insurance and package tracking.
- Rate Comparison: Real-time rate comparisons help users choose the best shipping option for their products. Users can compare rates across USPS, UPS, and other private carriers to get the best service at the most affordable cost.
- USPS Tracking: Endicia offers real-time tracking for all USPS shipments. Users can also sign up for tracking updates to be sent via email or text message. While USPS charges for this service, it’s free on Endicia. For more security, there’s signature confirmation that notifies users when someone signs for the package.
- Delivery Statistics: Endicia provides users with detailed insights into their shipping process. Users can see where their products are delivered, how many packages are being returned, and what services are being used most.
- Web-based reports: Endicia offers a comprehensive range of web-based reports that provide detailed insights into your shipping performance. They offer information on customer interactions, shipping metrics, inventory levels, and order fulfillment activities.
- Robust automation tools
- Powerful integrations with e-commerce and inventory management platforms
- Discounted shipping rates
- Intuitive interface
- Simple to use
- It doesn’t support FedEx or DHL
- Complicated pricing structure
ShippingEasy vs Endicia: How Do They Compare?
When comparing ShippingEasy and Endicia, there are a few key factors to consider. These include features, pricing, ease of use, integrations, and customer support.
Both ShippingEasy and Endicia offer a range of tools that help businesses manage their shipping processes. This includes automation capabilities, discounted shipping rates, online postage services, tracking updates, etc. However, ShippingEasy has several additional features that stand out from the competition.
These include customer marketing tools like automated emails and segmentation for targeted campaigns, reporting tools for data insights, and integrations with numerous e-commerce platforms. While Endicia does offer some of these features, it doesn’t have the same breadth and depth as ShippingEasy.
ShippingEasy-After looking at the features, it’s clear that ShippingEasy has more features for digital ecommerce operations.
ShippingEasy has six pricing plans.
- Starter: $5/month for 50 shipments/month
- Basic: $29/month for 500 shipments/month
- Plus: $49/month for 1,500 shipments/month
- Select: $69/month for 3,000 shipments/month
- Premium: $99/month for 6,000 shipments/month
- Enteprise: $159/month for 10,000 shipments/month
Each plan comes with a 30-day free trial. All plans offer access to customer support via phone, email, and chat except the starter plan. Most users prefer the plus plan as it offers all the desired features at a reasonable price. The enterprise plan is the most expensive, but it has unlimited users and supports custom configurations from a shipping expert.
The Endicia shipping software costs $17.99/month. However, you should expect serious discounts. For instance, while retail USPS charges a $0.58 fee on letters, buying through Endicia will only cost you $0.53 per letter. Accessing all the Endicia features requires that you subscribe to a paid plan.
- Online sellers can subscribe to the Endicia Premium for $15.95/month or $34.95/month for Endicia Professional.
- Warehouses will find the Endicia Professional most beneficial, and it’ll cost them $34.95/month.
- The Endicia Standard going for $9.95/ month, works best for office mailers
You’ll receive $5 free credit on postage fees if you sign up now. The software also offers a 14-day trial for its plans. You can visit the Endicia pricing page for a detailed and up-to-date structure.
Although both tools have great discounts, ShippingEasy pricing is more straightforward. You can also get started with the starter plan at $5/month.
3. Ease of Use
Ease of use is as important as the features a software offers. If the software is hard to use, businesses won’t get the most out of it, no matter how good it is.
ShippingEasy has an intuitive and user-friendly interface. The dashboard is well-organized, and users can easily find the tools they need. There’s enough white space and minimal clutter, making it easy to find what you’re looking for. However, the extensive feature set can be overwhelming for new users.
Endicia also has a user-friendly interface. The tools are logically organized, and the dashboard is easy to navigate. It has better onboarding than ShippingEasy, making it easier for new users. Moreover, it doesn’t have the extensive features that ShippingEasy has, making it more user-friendly.
Winner: Endicia-Each software has great interfaces, but Endicia has a better onboarding process and doesn’t overwhelm users with too many features.
ShippingEasy offers integrations with e-commerce platforms, including Etsy, Shopify, BigCommerce, Amazon, eBay, and WooCommerce. It also integrates with accounting software like QuickBooks and Xero.
Moreover, it has an open API that allows developers to create custom integrations. If you rely on marketplaces or accounting software for your business, ShippingEasy is the better option.
Endicia isn’t left behind when it comes to integrations. It integrates with e-commerce platforms including eBay, WooCommerce, Magento, and Fulfilled by Amazon. It’s compatible with accounting software like Xero and QuickBooks.
Additionally, Endicia offers webhooks that let you sync data between the shipping software and other business apps in real-time. Endicia also has an open API that allows developers to create custom integrations. As such, it’s a good option if you rely on other software for your business.
When testing the integration, we found both software had similar capabilities. They offer e-commerce platforms and accounting software integrations and have an open API. You can read more about their integrations on the ShippingEasy and Endicia websites.
5. Customer Support
Customer support is an essential part of any software. If you get stuck, you need to have someone help you out.
ShippingEasy customer support is available from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. All plans except the starter plan allow for phone, email, and live chat support. During weekends the support will go through the emails and respond to those with the most urgent problems.
In addition, ShippingEasy has a rich resource of how-to guides, checklists, the latest rate change guide, and definitive interest to help your business choose the right shipping option at the right moment.
Endicia support is available Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm PT. It doesn’t limit its support based on subscription plans. You can get support by phone or submit a request through the “Contact Us” page. Moreover, it has a blog with more information about the software but doesn’t provide detailed how-to guides and other resources.
I found the ShippingEasy customer support more comprehensive than Endicia.
Answer: ShippingEasy’s best feature is its automation capabilities. You can create rules to automatically choose the best shipping method based on your criteria, and it also offers a free USPS postage account. It also comes with other features, including; order and shipment tracking, label printing, and customer marketing tools.
Answer: ShippingEasy has more comprehensive features with better automation capabilities. It’s a good choice if you need a shipping software with more bells and whistles. On the other hand, Endicia is more user-friendly and has a better onboarding process. If you’re looking for shipping software that is easier to use, then Endicia would be a better choice.
Answer: Shipping platforms that integrate with ShippingEasy include; Etsy, Shopify, BigCommerce, Amazon, eBay, and WooCommerce. It also integrates marketplaces like ChannelAdvisor, Magento, and Fulfilled by Amazon. Additionally, users can integrate financial platforms like QuickBooks and Xero with ShippingEasy. Other integrations include WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Volusion.
Conclusion: ShippingEasy or Endicia?
When comparing ShippingEasy vs Endicia, it’s important to consider your business needs.
If you need a shipping software with more features and automation capabilities, then ShippingEasy is a good choice. However, if you’re looking for shipping software that’s easier to use, then Endicia would be a better option.
While ease of use is important, I recommend that you also evaluate other factors like customer support and integration capabilities. Ultimately, ShippingEasy stands out as the best option for most businesses.
Bottom Line Summary: The difference between ShippingEasy vs Endicia is that ShippingEasy has more carrier partners and offers a wider range of services, whereas Endicia focuses more on USPS and UPS shipping solutions. Both platforms have features that simplify the shipping process for businesses, but ShippingEasy offers more comprehensive services.
Further Reading on Shipping Carrier Integrators for eCommerce Platforms:
- ShippingEasy vs Shippo
- ShippingEasy vs Stamps.com
- ShippingEasy vs ShipBob
- ShippingEasy vs Pirate Ship
- Endicia vs ShipStation Order Management
- Endicia vs Stamps.com