Last Updated on December 22, 2020 by DMEditor
If you are running online advertising campaigns for your business, you will no doubt be wanting to make sure that your paid ads are as profitable as possible.
Bottom Line Up Front Summary: Overall, for most marketers, ClickMagick is the best option. It’s affordable and gives you everything you need to create and track profitable ad campaigns. The starting price point is low, making it a suitable choice for anyone who is just starting out, and you can easily upgrade your plan as your business grows. That said, if you are a large enterprise, the better option may be Voluum here as it better supports teams and multiple users.
Table of Contents
- 1 Main Differences Between ClickMagick vs Voluum
- 2 ClickMagick vs Voluum: In-Depth Comparison
- 3 ClickMagick Pricing
- 4 ClickMagick vs Voluum: Voluum: Overview
- 5 Voluum Pricing
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 7 The Verdict: ClickMagick vs Voluum – Which Link Tracking Software is Better?
Main Differences Between ClickMagick vs Voluum
The main differences between ClickMagick vs Voluum are:
- ClickMagick’s plans range from $27 to $97, whereas Voluum is more expensive with plans ranging from $69 to $999.
- ClickMagick has an extensive tutorial and video training library, whereas Voluum doesn’t include any training courses.
- ClickMagick offers a 14-day free trial, whereas Voluum doesn’t have a free trial available.
- ClickMagick gives your traffic a quality score so that you can see which sources are sending you the best traffic at a glance, whereas Voluum doesn’t have this feature.
- ClickMagick only lets you have one user per account, whereas Voluum has team and collaboration features.
Digital marketing is a huge industry, and it’s growing every day with no signs of slowing down. Digital advertising currently makes up around 49.9% of total media ad spending, and by 2021 it is expected to overtake traditional media rising to 52.1% by 2021, and 53.9% by 2022.
So now is without a doubt the best time to get on board with digital advertising, and get the most out of your campaigns by using ad tracking software.
There are so many benefits to using ad tracking on your campaigns, and although there is obviously a cost associated with the software, the additional revenue and profits you will make by optimizing your campaigns will make it worth your while.
Some of these benefits include:
- A better insight into your audience’s preferences. You can see which ads they engage with the most, allowing you to refine your targeting and messaging.
- Eliminate any wasted ad spend. You will be able to see which ads are generating clicks, and which aren’t, allowing you to close off the poor performing ads quickly and allocate the spend to ads that are performing well.
- Enabling you to detect any ‘bot’ traffic and fraudulent clicks. This enables you to claim back ad spend from untrustworthy advertisers.
- Increase your advertising ROI. Currently, with PPC advertising most businesses will earn an average of $2 for every dollar spent on advertising. With ad tracking, you can increase this even further by constantly refining and optimizing your campaigns.
So if you’re not already taking advantage of ad tracking software, now is the time to get started. In this article, we are going to be taking a close look at ClickMagick vs Voluum, to see exactly what features they each offer, as well as their pros and cons, and pricing, so that you can decide for yourself which one is the best option to help you with your digital advertising campaigns.
Let’s take a look.
ClickMagick vs Voluum: In-Depth Comparison
ClickMagick is a cutting edge click tracking software that lets you track and optimize all of your digital marketing campaigns from one place. ClickMagick works everywhere you would want to advertise your business online, including Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, Bing, and more so that you can keep track of all your campaigns from one place.
As well as providing you with software that allows you to optimize your advertising campaigns, ClickMagick also provides you with thousands of dollars of free online training from expert online marketers for free, making sure you can really get your money’s worth from the link tracking software.
The Main Features of ClickMagick
- Track your entire sales funnel
- Use tracking links (e.g. an affiliate link) or your own branded link URLs
- Cross-Device Link Tracking
- Unlimited custom tracking domains
- Real-time reporting and statistics
- Advanced geotargeting and mobile optimization
- Conversion tracking platform
- Automated and intelligent split testing
- Automated bot filtering and flocking
- Click fraud monitoring and traffic quality analysis
- Multi-mode link rotators
- Add retargeting pixels to any link
- Bulletproof link cloaking feature
- Lightning-fast redirects
- Dynamic affiliate links
- Postback/Webhook/Server-to-Server Tracking
- Dynamic Ad Network token and Sub-ID Passing
- Facebook sharing
- 24/7 link uptime monitoring
- Google Analytics compatible
- Public stats sharing feature
- Import/Export your data and stats
- Tutorial and training video library
- US Based support team
How ClickMagick Works
ClickMagick gives you everything you need to track and optimize your entire sales funnel, using the most powerful tracking links in the industry. The software utilizes industry-standard UTMs allowing you to track every stage of your funnel with no tracking links or redirects.
Since the average internet user owns 3.2 devices, it’s normally difficult to track the true activity of each user by using a standard tracking platform. The ClickMagick cross-device tracking allows you to keep track of sales across devices, so even if a user visits a website from their phone initially, and then uses their desktop a week or so later to make a purchase from the same website, you will still know exactly where they came from and how they first found your product or service.
The automated and intelligent split testing features use advanced algorithms to split test your ads and work out over time which one is getting the best results. As soon as there is a statistically valid winner, you will be alerted, and your traffic will automatically be redirected to the winner too.
ClickMagick has advanced retargeting features which you can use to increase exposure to all of your adverts, and boost your sales by showing up for your visitors no matter where they are on the web. This works by adding a tracking pixel from any retargeting network to any of your link tracking.
‘Click Rotators’ are used to distribute incoming traffic to as many URLs or link instances as you want, in whichever way best suits your campaign. ClickMagick is known for having the best click rotators in the industry, and they can be used most effectively with email marketing, solo ads, affiliate marketing CPA offers (great for an affiliate marketer), or ad co-ops. There are 5 different types of rotators, with dozens of options to choose from, and you can even deliver traffic based on location, device type, time, and much more, so you have unlimited flexibility and the ability to do things most other systems can’t handle.
There are also automatic “Bot” filtering features that allow you to filter and block any clicks coming from Bots, which could potentially mess up your stats, not to mention waste your ad budget, even if they aren’t malicious.
The affiliate marketing tools allow you to create one of a kind dynamic affiliate links for affiliate tracking, which give you full control over the sales process, even if you are promoting offers that you would usually have no control over. The automated split testing feature works with affiliate links too, so you can get ahead of other affiliates and ensure you make the most sales.
ClickMagick also has the ability to analyse the quality of your traffic, so you can see which sites are bringing you high-quality traffic vs which ones are wasting your money. The software will automatically assign a traffic quality score to each of your tracking links so you can make informed decisions on where you want to advertise, and focus on the highest quality traffic sources.
All of your links are monitored 24/7 for uptime statistics, which helps you to quickly flag any sites that have gone down so that you don’t end up paying for links that aren’t active. You will receive an email as soon as a site that one of your links is on goes down so that you can pause or redirect your ads rather than waste money.
Geo and mobile targeting are just some of the other features ClickMagick can provide, allowing you to dynamically send different visitors to different pages based on their geographic location, and what type of device they are using
The Benefits of Using ClickMagick
- The software is 100% web-based, so there is no software to install on your machine or device, and it’s all very reliable and fast.
- It is compatible with a number of advertising platforms including Facebook, Google AdWords, and more, so you can monitor all of your ad links from one place.
- They offer 24/7 link uptime monitoring, so you won’t ever waste your advertising budget on links that are down.
- Automated split testing is available for your links, so you can always make sure you are spending your money on the best links.
- Cross-device tracking enables you to track a user even if they make a purchase on a different device from the one they originally visited your site on.
- The software offers good value for money compared to some of its competitors
- It is highly accurate, so you can be sure that you are always viewing the correct number of clicks for your campaigns.
- Click fraud detection enables you to detect ‘bot’ clicks so that you don’t waste your money on fake clicks.
The Downsides to Using ClickMagick
There is no live support available, you will need to submit a ticket, but they do promise to get back to you in under an hour if you’re on the Pro or Standard plans, and within 4 hours if you are on the Starter plan. The other downside is that there’s a bit of a learning curve at first, but once you’ve got the hang of it, it will make managing your ads much easier!
ClickMagick has three different pricing plans to suit businesses of all sizes: The Starter plan, the Standard plan, and the Pro plan.
The Starter plan starts at just $27/month and is perfect for new marketers and start-up businesses. This gives you up to 10,000 clicks per month, unlimited conversion events, all core features, funnel tracking for 1 funnel, 2 custom tracking domains, 6-month data retention, and 4-hour support.
The Standard plan costs $67/month and includes up to 100,000 clicks per month, unlimited conversion events, all core features, cross-device tracking, funnel tracking for 5 funnels, 10 custom tracking domains, 1-year data retention, 1-hour support and access to the Experts Academy.
The Pro plan costs $97/month and includes up to 1 million clicks per month, unlimited conversion events, all core features, cross-device tracking, unlimited funnel tracking, unlimited custom domains, 2-year data retention, 1-hour support, and access to Experts Academy Pro.
If you like the sound of what ClickMagick has to offer, head over to their website and check out their free 14-day trial!
ClickMagick vs Voluum: Voluum: Overview
Voluum is a cloud-based ad tracking tool that enables you to easily track all of your affiliate campaigns, optimize your ad performance, analyze your data, and scale your businesses to make more profits.
Volume was created by Codewise, a leading provider of ad exchange and admeasurement & optimization platforms. The software currently serves around 5,000 people around the world and is run by 200 employees based in Poland, the USA, and the UK.
The Main Features of Voluum
- Direct tracking pixel
- Impression tracking
- Traffic source and affiliate network templates
- Custom conversion tracking
- Tracking domains with SSL
- Multiple cost models
- Manual conversion upload
- Manual cost update
- Lander protection script
- Extensive reporting
- Data grouping and drill down
- Traffic log
- Mobile app
- Reporting API
- Multi-currency spend tracking
- Traffic distribution AI
- Rule-based targeting
- A/B testing
- IP/UA filtering
- Conversion capping
- Anti-fraud kit
- Workspaces / multi-user
- Listicle tracking
How Voluum Works
Voluum enables you to track all of your affiliate campaigns from one place. It has multiple data centres across 5 continents, and a record of 100% uptime since 2015, so you can be sure that there will be no click loss when tracking your campaigns.
It’s easy to set up, and there are dedicated onboardings and webinars to help you get started on the right foot. There are also step by step guides to help you set up your campaigns, so you can have everything up and running in a matter of minutes.
You can track and measure multiple third-party offers, and you can track every part of each campaign, including offers, creatives, referrer links, device models, browsers, and much more. You have the option to track both with and without redirects by using the direct tracking pixel, which can accelerate the process of sending visitors to your offers, even in areas where the internet is slow.
Voluum records all of your costs and payouts, so you can work out how many events were generated from your campaigns, as well as how much they cost you so that you can work out exactly how much you have earned and what your ROI is from each campaign. Costs can be tracked using different models such as CPC, CPM, CPA, or Revshare.
All of your tracking domains are secured with SSL encryption, so they won’t get marked as suspicious by search engines, and you won’t lose any clicks due to having a ‘not secure’ landing page.
You can track multiple conversions with custom conversion tracking, which enables you to see exactly where your conversions are coming from, as well as being able to view the lifetime value and total income from each tracking link.
The extensive analytics tools let you analyze your affiliate data by accessing real-time reports, so you can get all the information you need to make profitable decisions. Data grouping and drill down enables you to explore deep layers of data within your reports so you can achieve actionable insights.
The analytics dashboard gives you a clear overview of your performance, so you can see all visits, clicks and profits, and quickly see any gaps or areas where you can improve. You can access all of the data from your campaigns in real-time so that you can react quickly when you see an opportunity, as well as when you see an obstacle to reduce any risks, which can save you money on poorly performing campaigns.
The mobile app lets you keep track of your performance while you are on the go, so you can act quickly and make changes whenever you need to, to ensure your money never goes to waste and that you have the highest profits possible.
The AI optimization features let you optimize all of your ads on autopilot. You can use advanced targeting and rules to ensure you reach exactly the right audience and achieve the highest possible conversion rates.
A/B tests can be carried out automatically with Voluum’s automation features so you can quickly work out which campaigns your audience is most engaged with, and which are performing best.
To avoid getting any fraudulent clicks Voluum has an anti-fraud kit that can save you money by detecting bot traffic and give you all the evidence you need to make chargebacks against dishonest publishers. To save you from spending hours of time searching for the right affiliate offers, you can browse Voluum’s marketplace where you can see all the best affiliate offers in one place.
The Benefits of Using Voluum
- The software is very easy to set up and use, with onboarding and tutorials available so you can have everything up and running in minutes.
- Real-time campaign tracking allows you to act quickly when something changes.
- The anti-fraud kit enables you to detect any suspicious visits and clicks, so you have evidence for chargebacks with fraudulent advertisers.
- The Voluum marketplaces give you access to all the best affiliate offers in one place.
- The mobile app lets you react quickly to changes in your campaigns while you are on the go.
- It’s fast, with 100% uptime since 2015.
- A/B testing helps you to optimize all of your campaigns for the highest profitability.
- All of your tracking domains are secured with SSL encryption.
The Downsides to Using Voluum
Voluum is quite pricey compared to its competitors, so may not be suitable for marketers who are just starting out.
Voluum has four main plans available: Discover, Profit, Grow, and Agency.
The Discover plan costs $69/month and includes 3 months of data retention, 20 active campaigns, 1 custom domain, group onboarding, basic link tracker features, and A/B testing.
The Profit plan costs $149/month and includes 6 months of data retention, unlimited active campaigns, 3 custom domains, dedicated onboarding, advanced reporting and tracking, and automatic A/B testing.
The Grow plan costs $449/month and includes 12 months of data retention, unlimited active campaigns, 5 custom domains, account management, advanced reporting and targeting, automatic A/B testing, fraud detection, and additional users.
The Agency plan costs $999/month and provides you with unlimited traffic tracking, and fully customizable features and usage parameters.
If you would like to find out more about Voluum and see the packages in more detail, you can visit their website here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
ClickMagick is a web-based app that will help you to track and optimize your marketing effort or specific marketing campaign. At a basic level, it allows you to create tracking links and ClickMagick will show you who clicked on your links and, which clicks led to sales.
Voluum has four main plans available: Discover $69/month, Profit $149/month, Grow $449/month, and Agency $999/month.
Yes, with ClickMagick you will be able to use multiple links or a single link to direct traffic to various pages.
The Verdict: ClickMagick vs Voluum – Which Link Tracking Software is Better?
ClickMagick and Voluum are both great ad tracking tools, but they each have some different features that might mean one of them is better than the other when it comes to your business.
Bottom Line: Overall, for most marketers, ClickMagick is the best option. It’s affordable and gives you everything you need to create and track profitable ad campaigns. The starting price point is low, making it a suitable choice for anyone who is just starting out, and you can easily upgrade your plan as your business grows.
ClickMagick also includes an extensive training library full of expert online marketing training courses that can help you grow your business as quickly as possible, in addition to the tracking campaign tool functionality. Although the training courses are only available with the Standard and Pro plans, there is a new one to choose from each month, and they are exclusive to ClickMagick.
Large Enterprise? If you run a larger business, then Voluum could also be a great choice for you. It is packed full of features, and the software makes it easy to work with a team as you can easily add additional users to the account.
If you would like to try ClickMagick and see exactly what they have to offer, you can take advantage of their free 14-day trial here. If you are a larger business or agency, then head over to Voluum’s website to see their plans in more detail.