- 5 Best TubeBuddy Alternatives & Competitors to Try - June 16, 2022
- Shippo vs Stamps.com – Which is Best for Shipping? - June 16, 2022
- ShippingEasy Review: Features, Pros and Cons - June 16, 2022
Last Updated on November 23, 2021 by DMEditor
Starting a business takes a lot of hard work. Not only do you have to get a business plan together, fund your venture, and refine the details, you will be buried in paperwork too. Fortunately, companies like LegalNature can create all of the necessary legal forms you need to start a business or take care of any legal matter you may encounter.
LegalNature is for consumers who need legal documents but do not have the extra time or money to devote to physical visits with a lawyer. For under $40, you can sign up for a monthly subscription or pay a fee to download one legal form. You can’t beat the convenience of online legal documents, and LegalNature helps you step-by-step for complex legal forms that may require customization.
While online legal forms can’t replace advice from a local law firm, they can help you gather the paperwork you need before consulting with an attorney. It can also significantly lower the cost of the legal document required to start a business or file for divorce. Plus, LegalNature is handy for landlords, growing companies, etc., that need access to ongoing forms.
Take a look at our overview of LegalNature’s features and pricing to see if it’s the right fit for you. If you are not convinced, we have provided a few alternatives that may fit the bill.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is LegalNature?
- 2 LegalNature History
- 3 System Requirements
- 4 Features
- 5 Pricing
- 6 Customer Service
- 7 Security
- 8 Alternatives to LegalNature
- 9 IncFile
- 10 LegalZoom
- 11 LegalShield
- 12 Rocket Lawyer
- 13 FAQs
- 14 Final Thoughts About LegalNature
What is LegalNature?
LegalNature provides custom legal forms through an online service portal. Users can purchase a single legal form or have access to the entire legal form library.
An attorney leads the company with over 30 years of experience, a tech guru, and a tech entrepreneur. LegalNature makes legal services accessible to the masses and to those who cannot afford standard legal fees from hiring an attorney.
- Less expensive than hiring an attorney
- Money lending forms
- Entrepreneurs who have an evolving business and continuously need legal forms
- Necessary documents for property owners and renters
- Divorce forms
- Simple to use
- Detailed questionnaire to fully customize legal forms
- PDF or Word format
- Agreements created by professional lawyers
- Keeps legal matters private
- 30-day money-back guaranteed
- No professional legal advice
- On your own to choose the correct legal forms
- No free tax forms
- Lack of customization for business registration
Since all the legal forms are accessible online, you only need access to a computer and internet connection. A printer would also be advised to have a paper copy of any legal documents you request.
- Arbitration Agreement. LegalNature’s arbitration agreement provides a detailed legal form for disputes between two parties. The step-by-step form can be customized to your situation, including commercial, consumer, labor union, construction, and employment disputes.
- General Services Agreement
- Loan Agreement
- Online Terms of Service
- Release of Liability Agreement
- Security Agreement
- Bill of Sale
- Hold Harmless Agreement. This agreement, also known as the release of liability waiver, can legally limit liability from third-party transaction claims. The document includes three levels of indemnification to choose from and can customize to your specific event, including services, contract, property, and activities.
- Note Payable
- Promissory Note
- Sale of Goods Agreement
- Software License Agreement
- Letter of Recommendation. Need to write a letter of recommendation but don’t know where to start? LegalNature will ask you to answer a few questions and use its advanced document-building technology to customize your letter in minutes.
- Contract Amendment
- Indemnity Agreement
- Letter of Resignation
- Online Terms and Conditions
- Purchase Agreement
- Sales Contract
- Waiver and Release of Liability
- Articles of Incorporation
- Business Plan
- Certificate of Organization
- General Partnership Agreement
- LLC Operating Agreement Addendum
- Notice of Meeting
- Stock Transfer Ledger
- Articles of Organization
- Certificate of Formation for LLC
- Corporate Bylaws
- LLC Membership Admission Agreement
- Llc Operating Agreement Amendment
- Shareholder Agreement
- Waiver of Notice. A waiver of notice is a voluntary document that waives the right to a formal meeting notice, including shareholders’ meetings and committee meetings.
- Banking Resolution
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Corporate Resolution
- LLC Operating Agreement
- Meeting Minutes
- Stock Certificate
- Apply for Your Employer Identification Number
- Foreign Entity Registration
- Registered Agent Service
- Articles of Amendment
- Order a Certificate of Good Standing. Your state requires a certificate of good standing to ensure you have met state requirements and can do business in that particular state.
- Articles of Dissolution
- Order Certified Copies
- Commercial Lease Agreement
- Commercial Lease Amendment
- Commercial Sublease Agreement
- Affidavit of Domicile. This form is filed by a will’s executor or representative of a deceased person’s property. Filing this form can help that person establish residency and transfer property assets. Financial institutions or insurance companies usually request this form.
- Joint Revocable Living Trust
- Revocable Living Trust
- Affidavit of Heirship
- Last Will and Testament
- Codicil. An amendment to an original will. Once verified, it is considered to be a part of the primary will.
- Last Will and Testament – with Trusts
- Advance Healthcare Directive
- Living Will
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Health Care Proxy. This form appoints another person to make medical decisions for you if you become too sick to make them for yourself. LegalNature provides custom form features, including listing a primary physician and appointing a guardian over the property.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Employee Handbook
- Employment Contract
- Independent Contractor Confidentiality Agreement
- Mutual Confidentiality Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Consulting Services Agreement
- Employee Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Employment Offer Letter
- Independent Contractor Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Mutual Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Employee Confidentiality Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Job Offer Letter
- Non-Compete Agreement
Landlord and Tenant
- Eviction Notice
- Month-to-Month Residential Rental Agreement
- Notice to Vacate
- Residential Lease Amendment
- Residential Sublease Agreement
- Lease Agreement
- Month-to-Month Tenant’s Termination Letter
- Rent-to-Own Lease Agreement
- Residential Rental Agreement
- Tenant’s Notice of Intent to Vacate Premises
- Lease with Option to Purchase
- Notice to Quit. Also called an eviction notice or notice to vacate, the information to quit is required by landlords to end a tenant’s stay at one of their properties. Depending on the severity, the tenant may stay if the tenant can resolve the issue.
- Residential Lease Agreement
- Residential Rental Application
- Bankruptcy Worksheet. Filing for bankruptcy can be overwhelming. The LegalNature bankruptcy worksheet will guide you in the right direction regarding which type of bankruptcy will be most beneficial for you. Since bankruptcy is complex, you must contact a local attorney after completing the worksheet for the best service. Completing the worksheet ahead of time can save you money and the attorney time when helping your case.
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Revocation of Power of Attorney
- Cease and Desist Letter
- General Affidavit
- U.S. Passport Application
- Cover Letter
- Power of Attorney
- Deed of Trust. Deeds of trust are packaged with a promissory note to secure repayment details. Deed of trust is generally used as a real estate lien to provide collateral for a loan.
- Property Deed
- Real Estate Purchase Agreement
- General Warranty Deed
- Property Purchase Agreement
- Special Warranty Deed
- Mortgage Agreement
- Quit Claim Deed. A quitclaim deed is used for quick transfer of property. There is no warranty, and properties are transferred as is. It is most commonly used when both parties know each other or are related.
Marriage and Divorce
- Affidavit of Marriage
- Divorce Settlement Agreement
- Marriage Separation Agreement
- Postnuptial Agreement. Similar to a prenuptial agreement, a postnuptial agreement is used after marriage. The legal document can specify how debt will be separated, property and income sharing, and whether alimony will be paid if divorce or separation occurs.
- Prenuptial Agreement
Legal Document Library (Monthly subscription)
$38.95 per month
- Create a version of any document
- Access to all document categories
- Free 7-day trial
Legal Document Library (Annual subscription)
$84.00 per year
- Create a version of any document
- Access to all document categories
Legal Document Library Pro
Contact for pricing
Create multiple versions of the same legal document. Enjoy access to an unlimited document library.
Only need one legal document? Choose from business, real estate, and personal matters. Pricing starts at $34.95.
- Business Formations $39.00
- Employer Identification Number $70.00
- Registered Agent Service $125.00 per year
- Certificate of Good Standing $89.00
- Articles of Amendment $75.00
- Articles of Dissolution $99.00
- Foreign Entity Registration $129.00
- Certified Copies $20.00
- Personal Estate Plans $79.00+
- Expedited Passport Services $125.00+
LegalNature provides an extensive help center through their website (LegalNature.com). If you cannot get your question answered, LegalNature encourages you to contact their custom services representatives by emailing info[at]legalnature.com or by calling 888.881.1139 (Monday through Friday 9 AM – 5 PM).
LegalNature follows industry standards to protect your personal information during transmission and storage but cannot guarantee integrity. LegalNature may provide the email address you signed up with to trusted third parties. The shared email address should only provide you with partner offers and not for any other use.
If you use the shopping cart on LegalNature’s website, the transmission of your personal information is protected by secure socket layer technology (SSL). If you use a third-party payment processor, the third-party security terms apply.
It is essential to keep your email address current with LegalNature as this is the only way they can contact you to rectify issues with your account, including a lost password.
Alternatives to LegalNature
Established in 2004, IncFile has helped form over 250,000 businesses. The platform has recently become popular for its $0 + state fee to file for an LLC.
- Lifetime company LLC alerts
- Most affordable LLC service, $0 + state fee (includes a full year of registered agent service)
- 15 years experience
- Unlimited phone and email support
- Slow customer service response times
$0 + State Fee
- Preparation and filing of your LLC
- Name availability search
- A free 1-year registered agent service
- Unlimited phone and email support
- A free 30-minute tax consultation
- Online document access
$149 + State Fee
- Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Custom operating agreement
- Express shipping of LLC documents
- S Corporation Tax Form Preparation
$299 + State Fee
- Expedited document filing
- Sample document library
- Business domain and website (minus hosting)
LegalZoom was founded in 2001 and has helped simply legal matters for over 4 million users. LegalZoom provides an all-in-one solution for legal issues at one low cost.
- An affordable business legal plan
- Money-back guarantee
- Trusted in the industry
- Lacks professional customer service
- Expensive business formation services
- Lack of custom options for one-time legal advice
Business Formation Processing
- Economy $149 + state filing fees (30 business day processing time)
- Standard $329 + state filing fees (15 business day processing time)
- Express Gold $349 + state filing fees (10 business day processing time)
- Legal Zoom registered agent: $299 for the first year + renews annually
- Operating agreement: $99
- Operating agreement plus EIN: $159
- Operating agreement, EIN, and licenses: $199
- Smart employer: The first 10 days are free — once the trial period is over, pay only $39.99/month
- Total compliance: This service is offered for 10 days with your LLC order, then it continues automatically at $280/year
LegalShield was established in 1972 and currently has nearly 2 million users. It specializes in online legal services for individuals and small businesses.
- Debt collection assistance
- Home business supplement
- Work with same law firm every time
- Mobile app
- Customer service is not legal-specific
- No free trial
- No money-back guarantee
- Outdated UI
Personal Legal Plan
$24.95 per month
Covers members, spouses, partners, and dependent children
- Estate planning
- Traffic tickets
- Residential loans
- Family law
- Trial defense
- IRS audit
- 24/7 emergency access
- Home business
- Trial defense
- Gun owner
Small Business Legal Services
SMB Legal Essentials
$49.00 per month
SMB Legal Plus
$99.00 per month
SMB Legal Pro
$169.00 per month
Each plan upgrade will get you more designated users, letters or phone calls, and document review.
Rocket Lawyer helps you work directly with a lawyer for legal services including estate planning, creating an LLC, non-profit, or corporation.
- Talk with real lawyers
- Estate planning
- Knowledgeable customer service
- Large library of legal documents
- More expensive than competitors
- Free 7-day trial
$39.99 per month
- Legal documents
- Attorney services
- Free business filing
- 25% off registered agent service
Non Members pay a standard price for each requested activity including:
- $39.99 per legal document
- $9.99 per document defense
- $49.99 for a legal question
- $59.99 for a 30-minute legal consult
- $99.99 for incorporation filing
- $149.99 for registered agent service
Answer: With LegalNature’s free trial, you will have seven days of free access to its entire document library. You can create as many documents as you wish.
If you are not satisfied with LegalNature, you can cancel through your online account by selecting the Account Details and Billing tab. You can also email or call customer service. You must cancel within seven days to prevent charges; monthly charges begin on day 8.
Answer: Yes. If LegalNature has not met your expectations in any way, you can request a refund for the last 30 days, no questions asked.
Answer: LegalNature recommends starting with its online help center to narrow down the legal documents you need. Along with its monthly plans, you can also take advantage of one-time document bundles covering common legal issues.
Answer: Yes. Ask A Lawyer offers free legal advice from a growing network of attorneys. Attorneys compensate their time responding with free legal advice by using Ask A Lawyer as a marketing tool for their business.
Final Thoughts About LegalNature
LegalNature offers industry-leading online legal services, from personal legal issues to starting a business. If you are unsure of what legal documents you need and don’t have the money or time to hire a lawyer, LegalNature can provide the legal documents you need.
The platform offers legal forms that users can purchase separately or monthly access to a vast library of documents. LegalNature helps you navigate the legal process by customizing the forms based on your simple-to-follow questions about your specific situation.
The forms can be downloaded in PDF or Word format, making it easy to provide professional legal documents and even edit them yourself. If you are ready to give LegalNature a test drive, sign up for its 7-day free trial. Plus, take advantage of the 30-day money-back guarantee.